Week 7 Notes
Housekeeping – your COM586 page!
- Kristina (please change the “slug” to com586 — no spaces or dashes)
- Discussion leader blog post with abstract + citation should be LINKED
- Discussion leader PPT should be LINKED
- Discussion leader reflective post (after you present) should be LINKED
- Story Version 1 (text + images) should be LINKED
- Story Version 2 (audio script) should be LINKED
- Story Version 3 (multi-media) should be LINKED
Student led-discussion (group 4)
Multimedia storytelling – part 1
- What does it mean to be an “information economy”?
- Why is the US “behind” the rest of the developed world re high speed connectivity? (symmetrical v assymetrical connections)
- When should you use Flash and when should you use “plain”HTML?
- What is the digital divide?
- Is universal access a reasonable goal?
- Flash Journalism article
- Featured story:
- Review the final “text + pictures” story of your partner (groups are 2’s)
- Story link should be accessible on student com586 page
- Send an e-mail with feedback by end of day Thursday — cc Kathy
- Draft audio script was due Monday
- Needs to be a blog post or page — link to com586 please so Meg and I can find them
- Writing for the Ear
- Where To Find Free Music For Podcasts
- How to capture, edit, compress and convert audio online
- Royalty Free Music
- Podcasting 101 from About.com
- Podcasting 101 from cNet Video
- Reading (remember questions!)
- Group Storyboards Due: Monday 14 May, 6 pm
- Final audio story due : Monday
14 May21 May, 6 pm
- Draft final multimedia story to be presented in class: Tuesday 29 May
- Discussion Leaders: