For an update on the work I am doing for the HooDoo Brewing Co., I have finished up the content audit (audience, objectives, brand attributes and how they will inform content creation/delivery). I hope to be done with the analysis today as well. Then I will proceed with the strategy. I’d like to work on an editorial calendar, but I do them for my work an I know how long they take to flush out. This maybe hold second fiddle to getting the website finished and launched.
For HooDoo Brewing Co. there are 4 pillars of the Editorial Strategy. Effective editorial content will:
1. Create engaging, unique experiences.
2. Educate people about craft beer to form a bond, get them interested.
3. Drive traffic to related content, online and offline.
4. Influence behavior to generate revenue for the Brewery.
I worked with my brother, the owner/brewer, on some priorities for outcomes and target audiences. They worked out like this:
Top 3 priority desired outcomes for the content we produce:1. Create a strong community around fresh, local craft beer.
2. Educate current and potential customers about craft beer
3. Become established as a natural and unique part of our community.
Top 3 target audiences:
1. The Fairbanks Community
2. Hospitality industry (servers, beer buyers, bar managers/owners, concierge)
3. Media: National level, Local level, State Level, Bloggers
Top 3 needs of target audiences:
1. Information on their local option for fresh craft beer: latest information, where to find it, what is it. Advice and guidance.
2. Distribution logistics. One-page talking points about beer. Education, food pairing, and serving suggestions.
3. The latest news about the brewery, the beers, community involvement on a regular schedule. Story pitches.
From here, I will build the goals for the content we will produce on a consistent basis.
is still sitting at 85% done. I am having some trouble tweaking my theme’s footer, which is truly annoying the hell out of me. I also need to spend some time developing a photo gallery. I hoped to have the site launched by now but my travel schedule has been crazy. I WILL have this baby in the bag before my birthday and our final class, June 5th!